NAME: Henry ‘H-Bomb’ Hyde
DOB: December 1st, 2000
PADDLING SINCE: 2004
HOMETOWN: Littleton, Colorado USA
Favorite Place to Paddle: Homestake Creek
- US Cadet National Slalom Team 2011 & 2012
- US Cadet national Freestyle Team 2011 & 2012
- US Age Group Nationals Slalom Cadet Champion 2011 & 2012
- Colorado High School Cup Slalom Cadet Champion 2012
- 2nd Place Junior Class – 2012 USA Wildwater National Championship
- 1st Place 2012 Fibark 10-Mile Downriver race (race boat class)
- 3rd Place Men’s Expert Freestyle – 2011 Fibark
- Ranked 1st K1M Cadet - Ranked 11th overall (out of 335 active racers) 2012 USA Wildwater National Rankings
- Ranked 1st K1M Cadet - Ranked 45th overall USA Canoe/Kayak K1 Men’s Slalom
- Over the last 5 years, made podium finish in 103 of 115 events
His Crazy Fact: I play Outside Linebacker in football. Quarterbacks don’t like me either. In 8 games this year, I had 29 sacks, 7 forced fumbles, and 33 solo tackles for no gain or loss.
Why Henry Loves Kayaking: Because every year the water is always different and challenging in its own way – it makes me think, it makes me react, it humbles me, but most of all it makes me glad I am alive. But there are also all of the friends I have made on the river, they’re the best!
Favorite SeasonFive product: Phantom Long Sleeve Shirt. I use it for kayaking, skiing, and now elk hunting as a base layer – This shirt is the bomb!
JUMP TO OUR PADDLEBOARDERS